Trinity Lutheran Church
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Learn and Grow
…through Bible Study
Why study the Bible?
We believe that being in the Word is important because we want people to grow in a maturing love to God, self and others. God’s Word brings us life, promise and hope. The Bible is God’s love letter to the world. The Holy Spirit helps us grow spiritually through God’s Word. Through the Bible you can find help, healing, forgiveness, encouragement and wisdom for daily life.
Is the Bible a “mystery” to you?
• Intimidated by others who seem to know more than you about the Bible?
• Confused by so many words you can’t pronounce?
• Lost when looking up a Bible passage?
We recognize that each person is at a different place in their spiritual walk and life. Some have grown up in Christian homes and learned about the Bible. For many others, reading and studying the Bible is a difficult and somewhat complex, unfamiliar process. We offer guidance and tools to help you learn how to study the Bible. Discover what kind of book is the Bible. Learn the main themes and key stories in God’s Word.
There are many ways to study the Bible
• Large group lecture style
• Small group discussion format
• Books of the Bible and Christian doctrine
• Daily life issues and faith application
• Individual study and personal learning tools
Here's an example for individual study. Click on the logo to access this online Bible resource.
(Username is trinityct. Password is hosea19)
We strive to provide a variety of Christian faith-building experiences to help people grow in their lifelong process of spiritual development through the Word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit.