Trinity Lutheran Church
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Worship & Music
Worship is at the heart of our life together as a community of faith! We invite you to join us for worship and to use your gifts and talents to enhance our worship life in a variety of ways.
Sunday: 8:00 AM – Traditional/Liturgical
Sunday: 11:00 AM – Contemporary
Saturday: 5:00 PM (September – May Only)
Monday: 7:00 PM (June – August Only)
(Saturday and Monday Worship are Casual with a musically blended format)
GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF WORSHIP
AT TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
With these guiding principles from God’s Word and the Lutheran Confessions, we now ask, “So what does this mean for the corporate worship life of Trinity Lutheran Clinton Township?” The following principles are given to serve as our guide.
1. We believe that when we discuss the worship life of Trinity Lutheran Church we are seeking to help people become true worshippers of God who will worship Him “in spirit and in truth.” Our worship will seek to engage the hearts, insights, feelings, minds, and wills (our “spirits”) of each individual, as well as be consistent with God’s Word (which is “truth”). Furthermore, this requires that our worship is determined by God’s essence (“spirit”), is shaped by His revelation in Jesus (“truth”), and is empowered by the Holy Spirit (“the spirit of truth”).
2. We believe that our goal in worship is to clearly proclaim the Word of God (both Law and Gospel) and properly administer the sacraments (Baptism and Communion) so that participants will come into a living relationship with Jesus Christ and His church and/or grow in their relationship with Him.
3. We believe that we are free to choose a style or styles of worship as long as they do not contain elements contrary to the Word of God. Because we have a creative God, we believe worship should include all of the necessary and available means; including music, technology, and the Arts, to communicate God’s transforming grace and truth to those who worship. Thus, there will be a strong focus on the Word of God and the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion in our worship. The Apostles and Nicene Creeds were developed in support of these two sacraments; therefore their regular use is encouraged.
4. We believe that since we are “a Christian community of diverse individuals” our worship life will reflect our diversity. At the same time, the services (including their styles) need to be regularly evaluated to determine how this diversity is expressed in support of our mission.
5. We believe that as a Lutheran Church we will respect our Lutheran heritage and will use scripture as the ultimate source for our worship doctrine and practice.
6. We believe that changes in our worship life need to be thoughtfully and sensitively handled. A team approach, including staff and laity, is required.
7. Therefore, our worship must be expressed, and God’s Word proclaimed, in a manner that is meaningful, engaging, understandable, and applicable to the real life experiences, and needs of the seeker, the new believer, and the mature Christian.
These guiding principles were adapted, in part, from a document from Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Houston, Texas. These guiding principles for worship were adopted by the Trinity Board of Elders in May of 2011.
Ways to Serve In the Ministry of Worship and Music
Voices in Praise (Our Primary Adult Choir), Worship Choir (Worship Leaders at 11:00 AM Worship), and the Missionaires (Our Men’s Chorus) are the primary vocal groups at Trinity. Solos, Duets, or small ensembles are other vocal opportunities. Contact Paul Finazzo at email@example.com at 586.463.2921
Praise Band (Guitars, Drums, Keyboard, etc.), Handbells, Brass, Woodwind, and String Ensembles provide a wide range of Opportunities for people to use their talents to serve Jesus at Trinity.
Contact Paul Finazzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 586.463.2921, for more information.
Serving Jesus in a “behind the scenes” way by providing support and care for all things used in Worship. (communion preparation, baptismal items, weddings, special services, etc.)
Contact the email@example.com at 586.463.2921
To sponsor flowers for the altar area contact the Church Office at firstname.lastname@example.org at 586.463.2921
To participate as a Scripture Reader during our Worship services contact Renee Kennedy at email@example.com at 586.463.2921
Individuals are needed to assist us in the use of Sound Board, Video Cameras/lighting, Computer and PowerPoint presentations. We will provide the training for those interested in serving in these ways. Contact Paul Finazzo at Pfinazzo@trinityct.org or 586.954.4764 for more information.
Greet and Welcome worshipers assisting them with seating, bulletins, hearing devices, etc. as well as assisting the congregation during Holy Communion and receiving the offering. Contact Manny Delitala at 586.749.9963 for more information.
Assist in the recording and duplicating of tapes from our 8 AM worship service so that Trinity members can take them to our shut ins or share them with someone in need. Contact the church office at 586.463.2921
Assist as leaders, musicians or an “extra set of hands,” as we provide a meaningful, age appropriate message for children during the adult sermon.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at 586.463.2921.
Help keep our “church bags” up to date and ready for our small children to use each week in worship.
Contact email@example.com at 586.463.2921.