MOPS is about ...
- Celebrating motherhood
- Meeting needs
- Making connections
- Experiencing God's love ... through relationships and resources.
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS exists to meet the needs of every mom - moms who are different in many ways, but who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy to kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs.
MOPS helps moms through relationships established in the context of local groups like this one that provide a caring atmosphere for today's mother of young children. MOPS also encourages and supports mom through resources such as books and their website.
"What MOPS has provided for me… is a welcome break; a chance to make new friends; the opportunity to know I'm not the only mom who goes through the struggles and joys of raising young children."
Meeting Dates and Times
Our MOPS group meets on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month, from 9:00 - 11:00 AM during the school year. We meet every Wednesday during the summer at parks throughout the area.
Each of our meetings begins with a light breakfast, and features a speaker, a craft, and plenty of time to talk to other moms like you.
What is MOPPETS?
Our MOPPETS program provides care for children ages six months through kindergarten. Babies younger than six months are welcome to stay with their mother during the meeting. While mothers attend the MOPS meeting, the children enjoy a program designed to meet their needs. The children are divided into age groups and are involved in planned activities.
Benefits for MOPPETS
- Social growth through group activities and play.
- Spiritual growth through Bible stories and values relevant to their lives.
- Physical, emotional, and creative development through crafts, games, snacks, and songs.
Infants and toddlers will be cared for in the church nursery. Two to five year olds will participate in storytelling, crafts, music, snack time, outdoor and indoor free play.
Please help us provide a wonderful experience for your children by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Each mom and her child must be registered to attend MOPS so that we can provide appropriate staffing for each classroom. Click to contact us.
- Bring a change of clothes for your children (including socks) and at least three diapers if your child is not potty trained.
- Label all items (including bottles and cups) with child's name.
For more information, please contact Andrea Neaton, MOPS Leader, at 586- 202-3107.