Middle school and high school students are needed to help with out summer camp program. These students serve as volunteer counslors and work with a cabin of summer campers along with a cabin leader. The volunteer counselor program has become increasingly popular among our middle and high school students as the summer camp program has grown over the last 8 years. We have all of the information on the application process, setting up an interview and the scheduled training sessions.
All volunteer counselor application will go through an interview process. An application is available from the summer camp website or at the link below.
Volunteer Counselor Application
Volunteer counselors are important to our summer camp team. The VC are positive role models to our campers, help build relationships with them and also help lead activities and keep campers engaged.
The selected volunteer counselors agree to serve for at least two weeks in the summer. These weeks do not have to be consecutive. The hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. While camp starts at 9 a.m., the VC come early to help the cabin leaders prepare activities and set up for the day.
Expectations of a Volunteer Counselor
• Model love, kindness, and respect to those around you
• Dress appropriately and use God-pleasing language
• Be “unplugged” during work hours (cell phones will be turned into the ECC office each morning
and can be picked up at 3:15)
• Respectfully follow directions as given by the Cabin Leaders and Trinity leadership
• Be prepared to help in a variety of ways (i.e. setting up activities, cleaning up, helping campers)
• Participate in conversations, devotions, opening and closing programs, and prayer time
• Have a positive attitude and set a good example through your actions and words
• Be professional and responsible
• Commit to a minimum of 2 weeks as a VC (weeks do not have to be consecutive)
As a part of the VC team, you will be treated with love, kindness and grace; be appreciated as part of the summer camp team; support children as they come to camp; grow in your faith and make lasting friendships. VCs will also receive at summer camp t-shirt and lunch will be provided each day of work.
To apply to be a counselor, visit the link above and set up an interview with Ms, Elizabeth. Applicants must also attend one of the mandatory orientation sessions, either Sunday, March 19 at 12:15 p.m. or Tuesday, April 18 at 6 p.m. These meetings are held in the Youth Lounge and last about one hour. A parent must be present with the applicant for the last ten minutes of the meeting.
- Filling out and submitting the Volunteer Counselor Application
- Scheduling and completing a face-to-face interview
- Attending one of the mandatory orientation and training sessions
- To schedule an interview, you (not your mom or dad) must contact Ms. Elizabeth Parrish in person, by email at or at 586-463-2921 ext. 108. Your interview must be scheduled after or at the time you submit your application. You must complete your interview before May 1. Selected VCs will be notified of final acceptance status and scheduled weeks by May 1 through the email provided on the application.
FOR STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 9-12
Trinity has a great appreciation for education. We know as a high school student you are required to earn volunteer hours each year. As a VC, each week you have the option of using your
week’s hours to fulfill these school requirements or you can receive a $100 grant to be used toward educational expenses. Whichever you choose, we are excited to be able to support you in your journey
as a student! *Note: You cannot split up a week into both volunteer hours and the educational grant.
For more information, contact Ms. Elizabeth at or call 586-463-2921 ext. 108, or Pastor Jeremy at or call 586-463-2921 ext. 142.