Summer Camp 2017 is here!
Trinity's Summer Program is completely NEW for 2017! This summer will be Summer Camp like you've never experienced! Here's some things you can expect:
- More of a summer camp atmosphere - kids will be grouped by similar ages in groups of 20 with 2 camp counselors and counselors in training.
- Campers will have options of 3 different activity sessions each day - fun stuff like arts and crafts, woodworking, drama, indoor and outdoors sports and games, self-defense, car maintenance, photography, and more!
- Each day will begin and end with an engaging opening and closing time centered around the week's theme.
- Each day includes a time of age appropriate devotion/Bible study.
- Each week has a new theme - such as Jungle, Sports, Fiesta, Amazing Race, and more!
- More affordable than ever before!
- Official camp hours will be 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Kids can arrive at 8:30 AM (or as early as 6:30 AM if you opt for morning childcare) and picked up at 3:00 PM (or stay until 6:00 PM if you opt for afternoon childcare)
- Lunch and snack are included in the cost
- Registration fee of $60 (includes camp shirt)
- $110 per week if registered before May 15th ($135 if registered after)
- Weekly rates only - no daily rates - you'll want to have the full-week experience!
Before and After Camp Care
- Mornings - $10/week (6:30 AM - 8:30 AM)
- Afternoons - $15/week (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
How old or what grade of children can enroll?
Kindergarten graduates through 6th grade graduates are eligible to attend camp.
What about 7th grade graduates and up? Call the Early Childhood office and speak to Mr. Ashley about available opportunities, 586-463-8803.
How do I register?
Fill out the Intended Use Form and turn it in with your registration fee of $60 per child. If you have a registration form on file, you will need to review it to make sure the information is still current. If you do not have one on file, please request it so you can turn it in as soon as possible.
Can I choose the weeks my child will attend?
Yes! You can still choose the weeks your family needs – just don’t choose the weeks you’ll be on vacation so we can have an accurate camper count!
Why aren’t there daily rates or daily registration anymore?
With the reduced fees, we feel that the weekly rate is an affordable option and gives you the flexibility to come up to all 5 days – which we think your child will want to do!
When do I pay?
All camp fees are due on the Friday BEFORE the week of camp.
Will my child go on field trips? No. With the variety of activities to choose from, it won’t be necessary!
Are there weekly events?
YES! Every Wednesday is Wacky Water Wednesday with special water games set up – like slip and slide kick ball, water slides, squirt gun battles, & water limbo. Each Thursday will be a special day – such as crazy hair day or dress up day. We will also celebrate events – such as birthdays & other special days as they come up! There are special weekly themes that will be played out in activities and open and closing programs.
Will my child have a choice about their activities?
YES! While each choice might not be available every day, they will be able to choose their activities to do with their friends. That is what “choice time” in the morning is all about – we let the kids choose what activities they want to do that day and while they are doing Bible Study, we will be creating their daily activity schedules.
Can my child be with their friends?
We will group kids together by similar age and gender, but please let us know if your child would like to be grouped with a friend. As long as both families request this, we are happy to honor special requests if possible.
Is it ok to bring valuable items (iPods, iPads, cell phones, gaming devices, trading cards)?
No. Campers are moving from one activity to another throughout the day and keeping track of these items can be problematic. Also, because we are licensed by the state of Michigan, campers can only have screen-based experiences for a maximum of 2 hours each week, which we already have planned options for. Please leave these items at home.
There are only 10 weeks of camp (June 12-August 25)…what do I do for the other 2 weeks?!!
It’s ok! We have a plan! We will be offering a childcare experience at the same cost of camp on a limited basis for the weeks of August 21 - August 25 and August 28 - September 1. WHY?!! Many of our camp counselors will head back to college in August, so we cannot provide “Summer Camp” after August 19. We can, however, provide a similar experience for a limited number so please enroll early if you need these weeks.
Why did we changing our format?
For a number of reasons, actually. We want to meet the needs of families in the community, which means offering a safe, positive, fun, and meaningful faith-based camp experience for all children. The new design allows campers to learn life-skills we feel kids today don’t often experience anymore. We feel the new design does all of this in a quality way, while incorporating positive relationships with trustworthy adults, faith-building, and fun with peers.
Ready to Register?
You can find all the documents you need on the top of the page on the left (or at the bottom of this page if you're on a smartphone). If you have any questions that weren't answered here, please feel free to contact the Early Childhood Center office at 586.463.8803 or
Can't wait to see you this summer!