Health Ministry and Parish Nurse
Behold, I will bring it health and healing. I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth. --Jeremiah 33:6
What does the health ministry team and the parish nurse do for Trinity?
Lisa Riviera, our parish nurse, along with Pastor Gary, the Minister of Pastoral Care, and the Health Ministry Team, are responsible for the caring ministries of the congregation. The parish nurse provides support, comfort and information within our faith community and church. She uses concepts of healing and faith to promote health wellness. Our Health Ministry Team provides the following services:
- Blood Pressure testing – these are opportunities for the worshipping community to be checked on the second Sunday of each month from 9-11 a.m. (On hold due to COVID-19)
- Flu Shots/Health Fairs – are provided seasonally to the whole congregation and also to the community.
- Red Cross Blood Drives – There is a simple way that you can make a difference. Hospital patients need blood every day for care related to cancer, serious diseases, trauma, and surgery. Donors like you are the source of this life giving liquid. Some day it could save your life or that of a loved one. Let’s do our part to make sure that there is a ready supply.
- Hospital/In Home visitation – The pastors, parish nurse and elders regularly visit the sick and shut ins of Trinity. There is also opportunity for anyone who would like to be trained for such a ministry to participate in our Stephen Ministry program. Contact the Church Office at 586.463.2921 for more information or contact Pastor Gary at
- Grief Ministry –Grief is another specialized area in which the parish nurse provides support to individuals who have suffered the loss of a loved one through death. Currently, visitation and also an informative caring resource is shared with these individuals. We also offer GriefShare, a multi-week support program, several times throughour the year. Contact the Lisa Riviera at 586.463.2921 for more information.